Wednesday, May 17, 2006

When my House costs less than My Leather Jacket...

I was walking in the V&A Waterfront, Cape Town with a co-worker today, and made a comment about how great he would look in a designer suit. "Well,..." he said with a smile, "I cannot wear something that costs the same as my home". It took me a moment to take in the words, and understand that the informal corrugated iron home he sleeps in (inherited with pride from nhis uncle!), actually cost less to build than the price tag of the suit hanging on the plastic doll in the window. When one lives in poverty, one has a different reality...
 
... and a leather jacket often costs the same as a home.
 
Note to Self: Know the world is different for all of us.
 
 
Ads by AdGenta.com
 
Powered By Qumana

1 Comments:

At Sun May 21, 09:40:00 AM, Blogger Deepa said...

Such a touching story. Poverty is the worst thing to have hit human civilisation. You are doing a good job there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home